I DO, I DO!!!
The other day, while styling my hair I noticed my hair looked dry, brittle and just blah.
With there being so many reasons my hair was looking so drab, I decided to go with the quickest and easiest solution that would most likely take care of it.
The next day I made a deep conditioning mask made with coconut oil for hair.
I always have coconut oil on hand so it was no work at all to whip up a batch.
Not only would the coconut oil mask liven up my hair, it would add key nutrients, and nourish my hair and scalp in turn making my hair and scalp all around healthier.
After using the deep conditioning mask my hair was more vibrant, shiny, lively and robust.
Using the right type of coconut oil is one of the most important factors of using coconut oil for hair.
To receive the full benefits and have the best outcome it is important to use a coconut oil like COCOMD that is the highest quality, 100% raw and cold-pressed.
Here’s an easy deep conditioning treatment recipe using coconut oil for hair. I use this regularly, you can adjust it for your personal needs or just to change it up from time to time.
Easy Deep Conditioner with Coconut Oil for Hair
- 2 tablespoons Raw Coconut Oil
- 1-tablespoon jojoba oil
- A few drops of Tea Tree essential oil (or any oil of your choice)
I also like to use lavender, peppermint, lemon, or bergamot depending on what I have on hand or what I am in the mood for.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl or sometimes I just use a plastic bag and massage it all together with my hands until it’s mixed thoroughly.
- Warm mixture in the sink with hot water until it becomes an oily consistency.
- Apply mixture starting at the ends of your hair and working your way up.
- Be sure to give some extra love to the areas you fell need it most.
(I usually focus on my ends and scalp most)
- Massage scalp with mixture to stimulate hair growth and moisturize scalp for dandruff and dry itchy skin.
- Cover hair with a shower cap or plastic bag.
- To ensure oil penetrates deep into the hair you can sit outside in the sun on a warm day or use your hair dryer to warm it all up for about 5-10 minutes.
- Leave on for at least 15 minutes or you can leave on as long as you’d like.
(Sometimes I sleep in my mask with a towel over my pillow)
- When you wash your hair be sure to put shampoo on your hair and lather up before wetting it, this ensures the soap cutting through the oil easier.
- Condition hair as usual.
Use it once a week or as needed.
Why is coconut oil good for hair?
Dryness and breakage of hair is caused by the loss of protein in hair.
- The Lauric acid in coconut oil is lightweight, and is able to effectively penetrate the hair shaft, nourishing the hair with vitamins, minerals and the medium-chain fatty acids that give coconut oil its ability to be so powerful.
- Coconut oil has anti-viral, anti-fungal, and anti-bacterial properties that can improve scalp health, fight infections and fungus and support hair growth.
- It also is rich in powerful antioxidants that revitalize hair and adds volume and shine when used as part of a daily hair regimen.
- Coconut oil for hair is awesome because it helps to prevent damage from everyday wear and tear like, combing, brushing, blow drying and curling.
- Because coconut oil is all natural and non-toxic it is safe to use on children.
- It can be used as a leave-in conditioner, or used as an intensive conditioning mask as shown above, for a couple of hours, or overnight.
The key to using all natural coconut oil as a leave-in hair conditioner, is finding the right amount for your hair.
A little goes a long way.
Coconut oil does all these amazing things without having any harming chemicals that can lurk in most commercial hair products, and is an excellent conditioning treatment, for any type of hair.
CLAIM NOW THE 10X10 OIL PULLING GUIDE:
10 MINS TO WHITER TEETH IN 10 DAYS
- DISCOVER THE 10X10 FORMULAE TO HELP WHITEN TEETH, KILL BACTERIA AND IMPROVE ORAL HEALTH!
- GRASP WHAT MAKES THE 3,000 YEAR OLD AYURVEDA SYSTEM OF OIL PULLING WORK!
- LEARN WHY “THE HEALTH OF THE MOUTH IS THE GATEWAY TO OVERALL BODY HEALTH”.
Bath + BodyYour Daily Products May Be Dangerous To Your Health
Discover The All Natural Secret to Amazing Skin
BeautyOatmeal Honey Face Mask
HairWho Else Wants Silky Smooth Hair?
Keep Them Buzzin About Your Hair with this DIY Coconut Oil Honey Mask
Dump The Dandruff & Get With Coconut Oil
SkinThe Sizzling Secrets of Coconut Oil for your Skin
Scrub Your Way to Glorious Skin
Discover The Clear Skin Secret