I suffer on a pretty regular basis from an itchy, dry and dandruff ridden scalp.
Definitely not something to be proud of, but hey it happens to the best of us.
Dandruff is the most common hair and scalp issue faced by men and women of all ages, worldwide.
Basically it’s the shedding of dead skin from a dry, extremely oily or microbe-infected scalp which results in redness, itchiness, flaking and irritation of the scalp.
Ugh… It’s truly awful, I have tried so many ways to cure it but it always comes back.
I have bought basically every commercial dandruff shampoo and conditioner possible.
I have gone to a fancy salon and paid to have them test my scalp, can we say ouch!
Not only was it painful but expensive too.
It helped temporarily but it always comes back.
More recently I have been using coconut oil on my scalp whenever I see an issue arising and that seems to stop it in its tracks.
Definitely works better than anything else I have tried.
To restore your scalp you have to equal out the moisture balance, a dry and dehydrated scalp produces excess sebum which consequently blocks the hair follicles.
This attracts microbes and leads to bacterial and fungal infections of the scalp, causing Seborrheic Dermatitis (excessive oil from the glands), Psoriasis and dandruff.
As I talked a little bit above, the problem can sometimes be resolved by resorting to regular anti-dandruff treatments like the use of anti-dandruff shampoos, spas, oiling, ketaconazole medications, dietary modifications etc.
Regular oiling of the scalp helps improve blood circulation and provides the vital essential oils and nutrients required to hydrate and nourish the skin.
This helps in treating and preventing dandruff to create healthy, strong and beautiful hair.
The oil known to be the ideal, cost-effective, efficient and natural remedy to treat the problem of dandruff is coconut oil.
The edible oil categorized as a superfood is extracted from the flesh of a coconut.
This oil is long lasting in nature, has antibiotic and nutritional properties, has found a wide range of culinary, industrial, medicinal usages across the globe.
The remedial and curative benefits of coconut oil have been hailed from ancient times.
- Regular application of pure coconut oil on the scalp has deep moisturizing and healing effects on the skin and hair, thereby helping to treat dryness of the scalp and dandruff, and producing long and shiny locks.
- 100% pure virgin coconut oil is found in a solid form and has to be melted before it can be used on the scalp.
- Recommend way to melt it, is to put the desired amount in a jar and submerge it in very warm water until it liquifies.
- Once warm, the pure oil can be applied gently on the scalp, in small quantities all over the scalp with your fingers or an application brush.
A fantastic Dandruff Coconut Oil home remedy.
- After application, it’s best to cover the hair and scalp with a towel or shower cap for a minimum of 20 minutes to as long as overnight.
- Be sure to wash it off thoroughly with a good shampoo.
- This treatment is a deep nourishing and moisturizing therapy for dandruff-affected hair and should at least be done twice a week for best results.
- If desired, you can add tea tree essential oil for added benefits in fighting dandruff.
- Combining the coconut oil with other natural ingredients like lime juice is also useful in treating dandruff.
- Coconut oil and lemon for dandruff is also an effective remedy.
- To get an extra scrub of your scalp, mix some Epsom salts with the coconut oil and gently scrub your scalp with the mixture.
Consumption of coconut oil each day is also useful in treating dandruff and dryness of the skin from the inside out.
- With coconut oils enriched essential nutrients like Vitamins E and K, proteins, Lauric acid, Capric acid and others, it penetrates easily into the hair strands and scalp to have a deep moisturizing, hydrating and conditioning effect on the hair.
- It repairs the damaged hair strands and follicles, detangles the hair, and reduces dryness, flakiness and irritation of the scalp.
- It also assists in minimizing the dead skin buildup and therefore helps to keep the skin pores clear, by treating and preventing dandruff effectively.
- It helps to strengthen the hair, reduces hair breakage and loss, promotes hair growth, and renders luster and volume to the hair. Because of this, it makes your hair longer, shinier, fuller and dandruff- free.
A perfect dandruff coconut oil treatment for all your hair needs and wants.
Coconut oil possesses anti-fungal properties that help to fight the problem of dandruff effectively and efficiently.
Excessive dryness stimulates the hairs oil glands to produce larger amounts of oil to try and balance out the moisture levels of the scalp.
This excess oil gets stuck and built up in the hair follicles to clog the same, increases dirt and dead skin buildup on the scalp and attracts the fungus called Malassezia fur fur.
This yeast bacterial fungus attaches itself to the hair shafts and causes dandruff.
The anti-microbial property of coconut oil aids in removing and preventing the growth of this fungus on the scalp, thereby healing and curing dandruff and restoring the health of the hair to make it look more voluminous and beautiful.
If you suffer from itchy, dry dandruff you can also try making your own coconut oil shampoo and conditioner to use on a regular basis to assist in keeping the dandruff at bay.
CLAIM NOW THE 10X10 OIL PULLING GUIDE:
10 MINS TO WHITER TEETH IN 10 DAYS
- DISCOVER THE 10X10 FORMULAE TO HELP WHITEN TEETH, KILL BACTERIA AND IMPROVE ORAL HEALTH!
- GRASP WHAT MAKES THE 3,000 YEAR OLD AYURVEDA SYSTEM OF OIL PULLING WORK!
- LEARN WHY “THE HEALTH OF THE MOUTH IS THE GATEWAY TO OVERALL BODY HEALTH”.
Health BenefitsHow Coconut Oil Became Known as a Superfood
Why Thousands of People are Consuming Fat
Little Known Ways to Use Coconut Oil
CoffeePut What in My Coffee to Lose Weight & Have Extra Energy?
Improve Your Brain Power with This All Natural Secret
Bath + BodyYour Daily Products May Be Dangerous To Your Health
Discover The All Natural Secret to Amazing Skin